Thoughts from the front

I'm a soldier in Iraq and I call em as I see em.

September 19, 2005

It's official! I'm going!

Last weekend was the last weekend that Liz and I had to spend alone. We went to a nice Bed & Breakfast up in Duluth, and enjoyed spending time together. We didn't do a whole lot which was just fantastic. We stopped at a flea market and picked up some stuff and rode a train up the coast of Lake Superior. It was a relaxing weekend.
This weekend was not relaxing. Saturday my unit went thru something called an SPR (I have no idea what it stands for). It started at O'dark early and it consisted of ensuring that our finances, Wills, Powers of Attorney were in place and that we were medically good to go. We also received the equipment and clothing we needed or that needed to be exchanged. I finally received gear however I was not issued any uniforms as they were out in my size. I am going to have to buy some as I only have one uniform that almost fits me.
This week should be a lot of fun as I have many members of my family that will be coming to a going away party. I also get to do the "Large Group talk" for my youth group next Sunday. I am going to be talking about being called to serve and putting on the full armor of God. I may even publish the transcript of my talk on the site here. Anyway I have so many other things to do so I will post this for all of you to read. See some of you soon. Go Cardinals!!
!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home