Thoughts from the front

I'm a soldier in Iraq and I call em as I see em.

November 23, 2005

What Are You Thankful For?

At this time when people all over this nation gather together to eat a bunch of food. Then they eat some more, have some pie, loosen the belt, watch some football and grab a nap. Some of us in the military will spend the day with those we don't even know because they have invited us into their homes to spend Thanksgiving with them. What are you thankful for?
I am so thankful for my family. I am thankful for all of you who are praying for me and my wife. I am thankful that even tho I am away from my family for two years and will be missing holiday's and other special days I know I am going to help a nation that doesn't know what it means to be free.
I am thankful most to God, who sent His Son, Jesus, to die for my sins. The Bible says that there is no other name by which man can be saved but thru Jesus Christ. There is nothing that I can do, nor you can do, to save ourselves. John tells us Jesus came not to condem the world but to save it (John 3:17).
When you gather with friends or family or people that you don't even know, thank God for them. Thank God for keeping the soldiers safe. Thank him for sending his Son for the forgiveness of our sins. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, his love endures forever.
Thank you again to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home