Thoughts from the front

I'm a soldier in Iraq and I call em as I see em.

January 25, 2006

Home for Christmas

"I'lll be home for Christmas...
But it wasn’t in my dreams. It's the 3rd of January and was able to get a break from training to spend Christmas and New Years at home this year. I had a great time with my wife and I was also a groomsman in a friend’s wedding. The last two weeks have been such a wonderful time. I will be able to see my wife again before I go to the sandbox which is also good.
I am happy to tell you that I got a laptop for Christmas so I can now update my blog more often that I have been. It’s been hard to find time to get to the computer lab down here.
I have been blessed by God and by so many people in the last two weeks. On the way home I got stuck in Atlanta for six hours after our flight got canceled. In that time I spoke with many people and was encouraged by so many. Don’t underestimate the power of saying thank you to a service member is. I had one retired Marine buy my coffee, I was given a small memory card that plugs into the a USB port of my computer by another gentleman. I also few home from Atlanta in first class because the woman who used my cell phone to call home gave up her seat for a later flight. The man I sat next to on the way home gave me $40.00 and told me to take my wife out to dinner on him. I have been blessed so much. God is good.
Our youth group raised $130 so my wife and I could spend a nice romantic evening out on them. I was also surprised to receive my reenlistment bonus just before Christmas to help pay some of bills.
Even today I have been blessed as another man gave up his seat, again in first class, so I could sit here. Thank you all for what you done for me. Praise God above all. Well its time to stow my laptop for landing so I best sign off.
*Note This was written on 3 January 2006. I was unable to post it until today because of trouble finding internet access and I also spent the 8th-18 in the field training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home