Thoughts from the front

I'm a soldier in Iraq and I call em as I see em.

August 02, 2006

Changes

I see that it has been a very long time since I have updated my blog so I will try to this in about 30 minutes. I drew Computer lab duty today and am very happy for it as I was able to finish some things up, chat with Liz, and two of my friends from college, Scottie and Trey. Scottie has a blog sit that I encourage you to check out. I hope you enjoy it.

Let's see, as for me, there have been a few changes. I decided to let the hair on the top of my head grow out a little. Instead of a quarter of an inch on top I have almost a full two inches, which is the maximum length of hair in the military. I think it makes me look a bit better, or more human anyway. Speaking of looks, I have been hitting the gym 4 times a week for the last month. I have started to lose weight again and I am getting stronger, physically. I am also trying to get enrolled in the Chaplain's assistiant course and get the first phase completed while I am over here.

One other change to mention is our change in mission. We have had a relitively safe mission since we arrived in Iraq but we nave begun doing patrols, which is a little more dangerous, but we get to see more of the areas outside our base and interact with more of the people of Iraq. This gives the unit we are taking over for a chance to take a break and catch there breath, so to speak. I'm looking forward to this because it will give us a sence of actually being involved in helping put an end to the conflicts in our area. I know what we do will not bring an end to the war entirly but maybe we can help make the villages and towns around us safer and more friendly towards the U.S.

Who knows.

I hate to keep it that brief and short but my time is nearly up. take care all and I hope to update this more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home