Thoughts from the front

I'm a soldier in Iraq and I call em as I see em.

August 21, 2006

To Hot For Coffee?

16 August
Today a question crossed my mind while I stood at the coffee shop and waited for my Spiced Chi’ Latté, is it ever to hot to enjoy a cup of HOT coffee? I know this is not usually a thought one usually contemplates while at war but no matter. Though this is not going to help end the war here in Iraq, it is a question that must be wrestled with. Growing up I enjoyed coffee at an early age, usually sipping it off a spoon from my mothers’ coffee cup. (To answer the two questions you are now asking yourself, Yes coffee did stunt my growth I should be between 6’7 and 7’1 instead of just 6’1. Also it’s never to early to start your kids drinking coffee. The young they start the better I say. Yes that is sarcasm).
Growing up I drank my fair share of coffee and in high school, I would go to Perkins resturaunt for hours on end to sit and drink coffee while write poetry or do other homework. In the military, I would drink a cup after Physical Training (PT). And was known to down a pot throughout the day. In college, I tried to substitute coffee for sleep, but that only worked for about a week. When I became a manager of a convenient store, aka gas station, I had to have at least one cup a day. My dad is an avid coffee drinker and I doubt he goes a single day without a cup of coffee. My wife and mom however, drink tea. (and your point here is…)
The reason I wondered if it was ever to hot for coffee is because where I’m at in Iraq it was 118 degrees in the shade, with a wind chill factor of 120-125. Yet here I am enjoying, yes enjoying, a very hot cup of coffee. So this begs the question when is it too hot to drink coffee, or is it ever to hot for a good cup of coffee? One thing is for certain, over here I never have to worry about my coffee getting cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home